LiHEAP Regular Assistance Program begins December 6, 2021 and will continue through April 29, 2022 or until funds are depleted, whichever occurs first.
LiHEAP Crisis Assistance Program begins December 6, 2021 and will continue through April 29, 2022 or until funds are depleted, whichever occurs first.
Applications will be accepted by mail, email, fax, drop box, phone, appointment, or website
The following documents are required to process your LiHEAP application:
Proof of Identity:
Acceptable forms of ID (include but not limited to):
- Driver’s license or ID card issued by a State
- ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities
- Birth Certificate
- School identification card with photograph
- identification card for health benefits or other assistance
- Voter registration card
- U.S. Military card or draft card
- Military dependent's ID card
- Any type of paycheck stubs containing the name and address of the person
Copy of Social Security Cards or Proof of Social Security Numbers for ALL household members:
Acceptable forms of proof include:
- Social Security Card
- Applications for a duplicate Social Security card (Applicants may get Social Security verification by visiting http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount. The Subgrantee should tell any applicant that is eligible for a SSN but does not have one to apply for one at https://www.ssa.gov/forms.)
- Documentation already on file
- Military ID card
- Paycheck stub
- School records
- Selective Service card
- Social Security Administration printout
- W-2 or 1099 Form (no other tax forms acceptable)
If the applicant has a household member who is younger than one year at the time of application and no SSN is available for this young child, one of the following is required:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal record (place and date of birth must be reflected)
- Clinic, doctor, or hospital records
- Day-care or nursery school record
Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older for the previous month:
- This includes all check stubs with pay date or check date for previous month
- Proof of unemployment for all household members 18 years or older.
- Proof of Social Security, Retirement, Pensions, Workman's Comp, or Disability (WE CANNOT ACCEPT BANK STATEMENTS)
- Proof of Child Support
- If no one in the household receives income additional forms will have to be completed to process application
Copies of Utility Bills:
- The top portion of your most recent electric bill
- A copy of bill or ledger from propane company
- Natural Gas bill
- Include a copy of all that apply to your household regardless which utility you need help with. Your application cannot be processed without a copy of each.
If you have any questions, contact your county office.
LIHEAP benefits cannot be considered income or resources for any purpose under state or federal law, including taxation.
Payments are sent to the utility provider that you choose. Please allow up to 35 days after approval of application for payment to be credited to your account.
Click on your county name below to begin your online application process.
Wish to download and complete an application instead? Use the button below to download your application.
LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
This federally funded program is contracted through the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality to provide assistance to low income individuals and families to help with Heating and Cooling bills.
|Tracey Sherman||Fulton County Coordinator||870-895-3628|
|Rita Cude||Independence County Coordinator||870-793-2561|
|Leneil Taylor||Stone County Coordinator||870-269-4381|
|Shirl Harris||Izard County Coordinator||870-368-4329|
|Becky Campos||Sharp County Coordinator||870-994-7353|